View or download my Curriculum Vitae (CV). Read more about my technical skills, education, and professional web development experience.
Web Developer - Blake Horwitz Law Firm
- Both websites are still in staging environment.
- Adding new plugins and new theme to enhance website's SEO, speed, and apply WCAG for ADA compliance.
- Meeting monthly and taking things very slow. Working around their busy schedule.
- Using Trello to keep track of stories(tasks) and epics.
- Working on law firm’s website and another personal farming website with similar concepts.
- This is a second client where I am working on website by myself.
Web Content Development Specialist- University of Illinois Cancer Center
- Provides design maintenance of website and other electronic publications/ applications. Creates design elements, templates, and finished solutions. Enhances content for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and ranking of publication impact.
- Integrates web, internet, mobile, video, and social medial sources. Focus is on user’s experience and interaction including: websites, mobile sites and social media sources. Ensures that all design elements, templates and finished solutions work within different browsers for responsiveness.
- Keeps ADA compliant violations in mind and follows WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines).
- Experience with WordPress and Elementor Page Builder.
- Strong project management skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Knowledge on Linux and SecureCRT.
- Responsible for configuring testing server using SSH to install Apache, MySQL, PHP, and WordPress.
- Made several new pages with Cancer Center’s new data and modified all pages to fit new theme.
- Created child theme for their new theme OceanWP using PHP.
Web/ Software Developer- DePaul i.D. (Innovation and Development) Lab
- Write, design and test software code using Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) practices. Practiced agile management and used Trelllo.
- Make websites using WordPress CMS and SiteGround for hosting/ back-end.
- Knowledge on CSS, CSS3, HTML, HTML5, and PHP was required. Program, create, and test layouts/user interfaces for applications.
- Gather, refine and maintain specifications, requirements, and software documentation based on technical needs.
- Assist Web Designers with Adobe Photoshop.
- Attend weekly team meetings, functions and work with teammates.
Web Specialist- U.I.C. College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
www.las.uic.edu (over 30 websites)
- Provide support for rebuilding all L.A.S. department websites in a WordPress theme(RED) made only for University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Monitor L.A.S. request ticket system for website support issues and then respond to users accordingly, hand-off work to student staff, or escalate to senior staff members as needed.
- Provide training to website editors in Progress Sitefinity and/or WordPress content management systems.
- Communicate with other members from web team to collaborate on organization of projects, tasks, and timelines.
- Coordinate work done by student employees hired for special tasks such as content migrations.
- Assist graphics designers by preparing photos and logos for website content.
- Keep up with web accessibility standards and tools for checking websites. Help university meet legal requirements of accessibility for WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines).
- Keep up with search engine optimization (S.E.O.) best practices and tools for testing websites. Helped university improve search rankings.
- Create and maintain documentation for training and best practices for web content creation or editing.
Web Developer- America's Fire Shield
- Required knowledge of Photoshop, WordPress CMS, Volusion E-commerce, and scheduling live webinars in GoTo Meetings.
- Steadfast in creating and maintaining Social Media (Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter).
- Met with product manager weekly in 1871, (located in Merchandise Mart) and followed requests on any modifications or changes for current websites.
- Enhanced plugins in WordPress CMS using CSS and PHP.
- Developed HTML responsive E-mail campaign using Photoshop, which increased website’s traffic.
- Skilled in making all webpages responsive for all mobile devices.
- Coordinating website launch party to inform new and current investors of company’s efforts expanding nationwide.
Website Intern- Inter University Program for Latino Research
- Qualified in managing and updating IUPLR website using Telerik Sitefinity CMS.
- Fixed widgets within Telerik Sitefinity CMS using CSS and PHP codes.
- Competent in updating their Facebook page or creating event flyers using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Attended all staff meetings to communicate about new events, office technology, and software updates.
IT/ Web Intern- Kayhan International
www.kayhan.com (now https://shop.bos.com/)
- Accountable for development of user-friendly website that targets the healthcare furniture market with using WordPress content management system.
- Met with company’s executives to gather designs, images, and other relevant content required for creation of new website.
- Used SharePoint to share content and communicate within group.
- Group prepared and conducted presentation about new website at UIC College of Business Student’s Exposition and won first place.